Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tonight I made Taco Salad. It was simple and inexpensive! Just the way I like it! Here's what I did: Ingredients:
  Ground Turkey                          Pico Ingredients:
 Taco Seasoning                           tomato bell pepper pablano pepper
 Pico De Gallo                             cilantro onion lime juice
 Sour Cream (optiona                   salt garlic
 Cheese (optional)
 Tortilla Shells (I prefer Flour)
First, I sprayed the taco shells with some cooking spray, placed them in a pie plate and put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 min. Then, I started browning the turkey in a non-stick pan, and then started the pico. For the pico you want to chop everything as fine as possible, especially the onion and paplano. Then add your lime and dry ingredients to that. Combine all ingredients with a fork to get them well mixed. After all are prepared start layering your toppings! I started with the shells as my base of course! haha Next I chopped lettuce, added my meat, and then my Pico de Gallo. I also like cheese and sour cream but you don't have to add those if you are lactose intolerant or you just do not want the dairy!

2 comments: